Ozark Valley Bison Farm is
Certified Grass Fed
The only Grassfed Welfare Label
Recent research shows that demand for grassfed meat has increased by 25–30 percent every year over the last decade. Animal Welfare Approved (AWA) is already widely recognized and respected as a trusted brand when it comes to farm animal welfare, outdoor access, and sustainability. Holding Certified Grassfed by A Greener World certification proves the meat from our farm not only comes from animals raised entirely on a grass and forage diet, but that our animals are also managed according to the highest possible welfare standards. No other grassfed label can offer producers, retailers, and consumers this breadth and level of integrity and assurance. Animal Welfare Approved is also the only farm animal program in the U.S. that is accredited to international standard ISO 17065, adding to credibility in the marketplace.
Certified Grassfed by A Greener World (AGW) is the only certification and logo in the U.S. and Canada that guarantees food products come from animals fed a 100 percent grass and forage diet, raised outdoors on pasture or range and managed according to the highest welfare and environmental standards on an independent farm. While other grassfed labels exist, none can match the breadth, integrity and transparency that Certified Grassfed by A Greener World offers.
With independent on‐farm audits to ensure compliance with practical and achievable farm standards, Certified Grassfed by A Greener World provides grassfed farm businesses with the tools they need to clearly differentiate themselves in the marketplace. This is the one grassfed label that farmers, retailers and consumers can count on to meet their expectations.
To obtain Certified Grassfed by AGW certification, we are required to feed our animals only grass and other forages from weaning onwards raised outside on range or pasture for their entire lives. No growth hormones or sub-therapeutic antibiotics are permitted and all AWA-certified animals must be slaughtered at a recommended Animal Welfare Approved slaughterplant.
In order for our animals to be Certified Grassfed by AGW, some of the requirements are:
- With the exception of milk consumed prior to weaning the diet of grassfed animals must solely be derived from grass and forage throughout their lives.
- Animals cannot be fed grain, grain by-products or any other form of feed concentrate
- The following feedstuffs are specifically prohibited:
- Dry harvested legumes (pea, bean, lupin).
- Grain residue or by-products including distillers grains.
- Sprouted grains
- Supplementary hay, haylage, baleage, silage, crop residue (straw) without grain and other sources of natural roughage must never be used to replace good animal and pasture management
- Supplements must not include urea.
- Meat from animals fed non-forage feedstuffs may not be sold under the Certified Grassfed label